News & Presentations
Previous Article   |   Next Article
Regulatory Notice, RNS Announcements | 8 Jul 2020

TR-1: Standard form for notification of major holdings

NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR HOLDINGS (to be sent to the relevant issuer and to the FCA in Microsoft Word format if possible)
1a. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: Hutchison China MediTech Limited;
Legal Entity Identifier: 2138006X34YDQ6OBYE79
1b. Please indicate if the issuer is a non-UK issuer (please mark with an “X” if appropriate)
Non-UK issuer X
2. Reason for the notification (please mark the appropriate box or boxes with an “X”)
An acquisition or disposal of voting rights X
An acquisition or disposal of financial instruments
An event changing the breakdown of voting rights
Other (please specify)iii:
3. Details of person subject to the notification obligation
Name Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
City and country of registered office (if applicable) Tokyo, Japan
4. Full name of shareholder(s) (if different from 3.)v
Name
City and country of registered office (if applicable)
5. Date on which the threshold was crossed or reached: 06/07/2020
6. Date on which issuer notified (DD/MM/YYYY): 08/07/2020
7. Total positions of person(s) subject to the notification obligation
% of voting rights attached to shares (total of 8. A) % of voting rights through financial instr-uments
(total of 8.B 1 + 8.B 2)
Total of both in % (8.A + 8.B) Total number of voting rights of issuervii
Resulting situation on the date on which threshold was crossed or reached 2.92% 2.92% 710,574,765
Position of previous notification (if applicable) 3.96% (dated 12 December 2018) 3.96%
8. Notified details of the resulting situation on the date on which the threshold was crossed or reachedviii
A: Voting rights attached to shares
Class/type of
shares
ISIN code (if possible)
Number of voting rightsix % of voting rights

Direct

(Art 9 of Directive 2004/ 109/ EC) (DTR5.1)

Indirect

(Art 10 of Directive 2004/ 109/ EC) (DTR5.2.1)

Direct

(Art 9 of Directive 2004/ 109/ EC) (DTR5.1)

Indirect

(Art 10 of Directive 2004/ 109/ EC) (DTR5.2.1)

Ordinary Shares (KYG4672N1016) and American  Depositary Shares (US44842L1035) 20,742,325 2.92%
SUBTOTAL 8. A 20,742,325 2.92%

 

B 1: Financial Instruments according to Art. 13(1)(a) of Directive 2004/109/EC (DTR5.3.1.1 (a))
Type of financial instrument Expiration
date
x
Exercise/
Conversion Period
xi

Number of voting rights that may be acquired if the instrument is

exercised/converted.

% of voting rights
SUBTOTAL 8. B 1
B 2: Financial Instruments with similar economic effect according to Art. 13(1)(b) of Directive 2004/109/EC (DTR5.3.1.1 (b))
Type of financial instrument Expiration
date
x
Exercise/
Conversion Period
xi

Physical or cash

settlementxii

Number of voting rights % of voting rights
  SUBTOTAL 8.B.2

 

9. Information in relation to the person subject to the notification obligation (please mark the applicable box with an “X”)
Person subject to the notification obligation is not controlled by any natural person or legal entity and does not control any other undertaking(s) holding directly or indirectly an interest in the (underlying) issuerxiii X
Full chain of controlled undertakings through which the voting rights and/or the
financial instruments are effectively held starting with the ultimate controlling natural person or legal entityxiv (please add additional rows as necessary)
Namexv % of voting rights if it equals or is higher than the notifiable threshold % of voting rights through financial instruments if it equals or is higher than the notifiable threshold Total of both if it equals or is higher than the notifiable threshold
10. In case of proxy voting, please identify:
Name of the proxy holder
The number and % of voting rights held
The date until which the voting rights will be held
11. Additional informationxvi

The warrants in Box B 2 have not been exercised, in part or whole, as of the below “Date of completion.” Accordingly, the “Total number of voting rights of issuer” in Box 7 do not account for any issuance of the new voting shares, in part or whole, from the exercise of the warrants.

Once the warrants are exercised in full, assuming no other changes in the interests or the voting shares in the meantime, the “Total number of voting rights of issuer” in Box 7 will become 727,241,435. On that

basis, the ownership ordinary shares would represent 2.75%, the ownership of warrants would represent 2.29%, and the combined ownership of the ordinary shares and warrants would represent 5.04%.

 

Place of completion Tokyo, Japan
Date of completion 08 July 2020