||Head of Information Technology
||Florham Park, NJ
||Managing Director, Chief Medical Officer
The Head of IT is critical in ensuring IT platform and support, including application delivery, infrastructure, cyber security and help desk, meet the needs of the business today and into the future. In this position you will be a key member of Corporate IT and International team.
- Collaborates with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, SOX), and to ensure business continuity and system compliance.
- Develops and implements the IT budget.
- Communicates goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plans ways to execute those goals within the department.
- Facilitate IT audits and investigations.
- Actively manage key IT initiatives to support R&D and Commercial functions.
- Establishes long-term IT needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs.
- Assists as top-level contact for end users in determining IT requirements and/or solutions.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Veeva certified highly preferred.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Thorough understanding of information.
- Bachelor of science or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in multiple IT roles and disciplines within the life sciences industry including small to mid-sized companies.
- 8+ years of experience serving in an IT management role.
- Experience strategic planning, managing, and executing IT projects.
- Experience in team building and customer service.
- Hands on experience with computer systems validation for GxP platform.
- Experience communicating with executive teams.
- Experience in managing third party solutions and services.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with evolving technology and regulations.
- Hands on experience implementing US and international privacy, security, and integrity regulations.
- Experience transitioning from pre-commercial to commercial stage within an organization is a plus.