||US Head, Sales and Sales Training
||Senior VP US Commercial
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the US Commercial Leadership team (COLT), the US Head Sales and Sales Training will help us prepare the company’s first product launches in the US. This position reports to the Senior VP Head US Commercial. The US Head Sales and Sales Training will build, manage, develop, optimize and lead a newly formed sales organization in preparation for an expected product launch in 2021. Critical responsibilities will include aligning commercial strategies by leveraging key cross-functional partnerships and expertise in field operations, training, performance analytics, market access, and marketing to optimize paerformance. This sales leader will be expected to build a fit for purpose selling model initially in the rare tumor space, with the potential to expand based on expected pipeline advancement. Initially charged with hiring at least 6 direct reports with growth as dictated by launch timelines and commercial opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Build, manage, develop, optimize and lead the sales organization. Guiding their execution on product and disease state clinical acumen, business acumen, competitive selling, customer relationship and account management
- Represent sales on the US go-to-launch team in preparation for alignment and execution with critical external facing functions, inclusive of medical affairs, managed markets, payor and distribution.
- Nurture and advance critical and productive relationships related to strategy with brand management and other critical internal stakeholders including field operations, performance analytics, incentives, and market access
- Financial management of FTE and operational budgets for the entire sales force and training function
- Undergraduate degree required, ideally in business or marketing related area; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years commercial pharmaceutical experience with multi-functional commercial experience. Oncology experience is a must. Rare disease experience is a plus.
- Successful record of accomplishment of attracting, developing and retaining talent and building high performing teams.
- Launch preparation and launch experience in oncology is critical. Rare disease launch experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated operational skills in developing effective sales plans and incentive programs that drive results.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, as demonstrated by key projects/initiatives; Experience managing large and complex budgets.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and ability to collaborate effectively within various groups.
- Financial and analytical skills to understand key drivers of business performance and market opportunities, evaluate investments, and understand financial implications of business decisions.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Project Management software, etc.).
If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Hutchison Medipharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.