||Head, US Marketing
||Senior VP US Commercial
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the US Commercial Leadership team (COLT), the Head US Marketing will be a key member of the commercial leadership team as we prepare the company’s first product launches in the US. This position reports to the Senior VP Head US Commercial. The Head US Marketing will set the US Oncology Franchise and Brand commercial strategy for all indications/assets within the pipeline portfolio. This role focuses on utilizing data and market knowledge to identify and initiate optimal approaches to unlock current product value and future areas of opportunity. This leader will lead a “Launch Readiness Team” in preparation for launch. Internally, the Head US Marketing will lead internal cross functional matrix teams, manage external agencies, ensure alignment of stakeholders to meet goals, and articulate plans to Senior Leadership. Initially charged with hiring at least 5 direct reports with growth as dictated by launch timelines and commercial opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leads the collaborative planning, alignment, approval, execution, measurement and ongoing refinement of product marketing strategies designed to drive US performance.
- Leads all commercial launch initiatives for a potential launch in the rare oncology space including market development, pre-launch planning excellence with cross functional partners, and successful, timely launch kick off with full complement of strategically driven programs on time and on budget.
- Charged with building fit-for-purpose brand teams for select clinical stage assets
- Develops and leads implementation of tactical plans and the associated budgets and project timelines on time and on budget
- Ensures a productive and cost-effective relationship with external agencies and partners including selection and performance management
- Drives alignment and consistent use of Brand messages across the organization (Sales, Marketing, Patient Services, Managed Markets, Medical, etc.)
- Ensures key promotional programs are managed effectively achieving KPIs on time and on budget.
- Charged with creating and empowering an effective, efficient, and compliant PRC process in concert with the Operations lead, multi-disciplinary team members and external partners
- Builds strong relationship with Sales Leadership that contributes significantly to selling strategy development, IC plan development, training and targeting
- Ensures close collaboration with Patient Services and Patient Advocacy to identify and address key areas of need within the patient and caregiver community
- Utilizes Field Advisory Teams to collect input on tactics, performance, opportunities and challenges, as well as test materials
- Identifies training gaps; develops and implements plans to close gaps
- Ensures smooth and effective POA rollout of training and promotional initiatives
- Manages productive external relationships with Key External Experts (KEE), Congress leadership (e.g., ASCO, ASH, ENETS, NANETS, etc) and partners with patient advocacy leadership on these critical relationships
- Collaborates with Managed Markets team to ensure effective strategies are identified, and contributes to the development of a Patient Services HUB to ensure optimal level of patient engagement and support.
- Develops, implements market research to gain actionable insights and measure performance
- Collaborates with Analytics and Commercial Operations to ensure appropriate use, understanding and flow of sales performance data supports BD efforts and ad hoc strategic initiatives as requested by leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- Minimum 10 years US pharmaceutical marketing leadership (preferably in oncology with rare cancers being a plus)
- Product launch experience a must
- Minimum 10 years experience leading brand strategic plan process
- Minimum 5 years of global marketing experience.
- Minimum 5 years leading direct report team
- Outstanding leadership, team management and presentation skills
- Sales management, managed care, digital marketing, and market research experience a plus
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Project Management software, etc.)
If interested, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hutchison Medipharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.